Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (131 Views)

Primary internal battery error-diagnostics battery test shuts down

Product Name: Pavilion G6 1b60us
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

After a round of Windows updates, I went to turn on my laptop and recieved the "Primary internal battery (601)" error.  After this screen, however, Windows would not load.  I have tried taking the battery out and 'draining the charge',  and starting up the computer plugged directly to AC with no battery.  Windows still does not load.  The start-up test in the diagnostics menu said the battery needed calibration, however when I go to run the battery test, it gets to "waiting for battery to charge" and exits out of the test without giving me any results at all.  Currently when turning on the computer I no longer get the "primary internal battery" error, it just goes directly to a black screen with blinking cursor.  Any help is appreciated, I'm completely at a loss here!

0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Message 2 of 2 (104 Views)

Re: Primary internal battery error-diagnostics battery test shuts down

Sindaelys wrote:

After a round of Windows updates, I went to turn on my laptop and recieved the "Primary internal battery (601)" error.  After this screen, however, Windows would not load.  I have tried taking the battery out and 'draining the charge',  and starting up the computer plugged directly to AC with no battery.  Windows still does not load.  The start-up test in the diagnostics menu said the battery needed calibration, however when I go to run the battery test, it gets to "waiting for battery to charge" and exits out of the test without giving me any results at all.  Currently when turning on the computer I no longer get the "primary internal battery" error, it just goes directly to a black screen with blinking cursor.  Any help is appreciated, I'm completely at a loss here!

Hi,

The tests that youve tried so far is a candidate for repair. If you believe that your computer is IN WARRANTY and live within US. Kindly call HP 1800-474-6836. You will be given a case number then tell them exactly what have you tried so far. Usually UEFI test is the last resort for agents. If UEFI test gave a failure id or worst if UEFI is not yet updated it wont run at all thats the time to send it for repair. Also when you visit hp.com/support youll see a notification at the right hand corner. Check it if the battery is one of the recalled unit that hp announced before.

Hope it helps.

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation