Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
St_Noah Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Printer is connected to WiFi network but laptop cannot find it (after Windows 10 upgrade)

EliteBook 8560p + HP printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Message_1.PNGFinal_message.PNGHello and thanks for your input.

The following are currently connected to my Huawei router:

desktop - via ethernet

printer (HP Photosmart Plus B209a-m) - via wireless LAN

laptop (HP EliteBook 8560p) - via wireless LAN (internet working fine)

I recently upgraded both the desktop & laptop to Windows 10 (64 bit) from Win 7. I have no problems printing from the desktop, however after repeated printer re-installs the laptop is now unable to detect the printer on my network (even when I supply the correct IP address). Before the first re-install it said the printer was disconnected (at the same time as I was able to print from the desktop).

Can you please tell me what's missing or what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks again.

I have just added the above screenshots showing what happens during installation of the printer on my laptop - at this point I have it connected to the printer via a USB link as instructed. It is also on my wireless LAN and (to repeat) I have no problem using it wirelessly to print from the desktop m/c. 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation