cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
y2ken
Level 9
1,377 1,355 114 383
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Pro Book 450 G1 - Enable BitLocker?

HP Recommended

I have a ProBook 450 G1 with Windows 7 Professional installed.

I wanted to enable BitLocker since Windows 7 Pro is supposed to support BitLocker.

Went to the Control Panel>System Security> but BitLocker does not show as an option?

I went into the BIOS / UEFI thinking I may have to enable the TPM chip but was unable to find an option for it. In fact most every item in the BIOS is greyed out!

Even if my system doesn't have a TPM chip BitLocker should be available since you can still use BitLocker without a TPM. I would just have to use a USB drive with the encryption credentials on it to boot. So I don't understand why it wouldn't show up in Control Panel.

Note: I did replace the original HDD with a SSD and used HP Recovery Media to install the OS onto my new SSD. But I don't see why that would make any difference. If my hard drive were to crash HP recovery media is supposed to return a new replacement drive back to a factory fresh state with all functionality. ??

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Star_Fox
Level 5
Level 5
242 242 17 36
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BitLocker Drive Encryption in Windows 7: Frequently Asked Questions

BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature available in Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Ultimate, and in all editions of Windows Server 2008 R2.

BitLocker Drive Encryption in WIndows 7:FAQ

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation