Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 440 G2
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Im looking for the right RAM to upgrade my laptop to 8gb. Currently it has a 4gb RAM:
Brand: Micron
MT8KTF51264HZ-1G6N1

I am planning to purchase a new 4gb ram or buy a 2x 4 gb rams of a different brand.
In the laptop's user guide, there is a listing of different modules with their "Spare Part Number". Upon searching the 4gb spare part number i found this ram:  http://www.amazon.in/Memory-Module-4GB-PC3L12800-1600Mhz/dp/B00CI08FX4

My doubts are:
1. In the product information (above link), the brand is HP but in the image there is a micron logo, im confused :indifferent: HP or micron? Is this the exact RAM i should get, without looking for anything else?

2. When looking for other brands, do i only need to search specifically for these keywords: PC3L-12800, 1600-MHz, DDR3L?

3. In the user guide a note says: "Due to the non-industry standard nature of some third-party memory modules, we recomended HP branded memory to ensure compatibility". What does this mean? And how do i find out if a ram is "HP branded"?

Please help! Im really confused and dont want to make the mistake of purchasing a wrong one :Crying:

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

*BUMP*
I thought this was an active forum? Anyone? Please? I need to purchase soon

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.