cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
QZ786 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ProBook 4530s charging issue / AC adapter issue

ProBook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello

I bought new battery for my laptop 4530s. In HP support assistant I ran HP battery check test and the results showed my battery was not discharging even when it is fully discharged to 0 percent and I was running my laptop with AC adapter. Plus it didn't show that it was charging either.

The AC adapter is not charging the battery and the laptop works fine when only connected with AC adapter. I tried hard resetting and under the device manager Microsoft ACPI reinstall method but it didn't work and still I am unable to charge the battery.

I read on some forums and also tried to update my BIOS, but surprisingly during the BIOS update through USB and only AC adapter plugged in, on the BIOS update page it was written to connect external power eventhough only source that was connected was AC adapter.

The problem is with my AC adapter or BIOS or charging circuitory please guide?

An early response in this regard will be highly treasured. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation