Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 7 (4,665 Views)

Problem With AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5400/4200 series driver

First of all. .. HELLO!!

i seen many post around the internet about this topic  but without a valid answer about the solution , so i decided to ask 

the manufacturer company of my computer and see if they provide me with a solution 

My problem now , i have the notebook (bellow ) and i bought it with Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, some time ago i decided to install windows 7 32-bit and i tried to find drivers for my graphics card , in the device manager (at that time) there was 2 grapchics cards displayed , first "amd mobility radeon hd 5400 series" &"amd mobility radeon hd 4200 series"

(first one high performance and second power saving gpu)

Anyway 

After the installation of the new operating system (32bit) i tried the amd auto-detect driver method ,and some others but still at the device manager (as u see bellow ) there is only the power saving gpu , the high performance its kinda like it dosn't even exist , when i select high performance gpu from catalyst control manager i get either black screen , or windows basic mode for a few seconds and then back the power saving mode gpu , to put it in a few words , nevermind what i selected for high performance gpu , the system responded to "NOTHING" 

well not even to mention that when i try to find my product from the hp driver search also says that dosn't exist , or it displays drivers for a printer ,  .... so amd & hp methods so far got me to nothing , as i searched for drivers from several sites i saw that probably the problem is that amd dosn't have made drivers for any other operating system other than MS Windows 7 -64 bit  Witch i  find kinda funny , but tell me is there finally a solution or i have to change again to 64-bit OS ? (*it will be a great trouble but i ruther not )  

below an image from the hardware ids and product number/name Untitled.jpg

Product name: HP G62 Notebook PC

Product number: XF346EA#B1A 

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 7 (4,661 Views)

Re: Problem With AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5400/4200 series driver

also it will be nice to provide me a link for hp stock drivers for my laptop so i can install some other stock stuff for my current os Smiley Happy
Provost
Message 3 of 7 (4,657 Views)

Hi:

Based on the product code you posted, below is the link to the W7 32 bit support and driver page for your notebook.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4062&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4293...

Honor Student
Message 4 of 7 (4,654 Views)

i am downloading as we speak , it will fix my graphics card problem as well?

Provost
Message 5 of 7 (4,650 Views)

It should--especially if you are installing the first AMD driver listed.

Honor Student
Message 6 of 7 (4,647 Views)

i installed the first , the drivers all done Smiley Very Happy 

one small problem   , on the task bar and generally in the system only appears the AMD vision engine control center , not the amd catalyst , so i don't know how to switch from high performance gpu to power save , any ideas?

Provost
Message 7 of 7 (4,641 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi:

I don't have any first hand knowledge about notebooks with switchable graphics.

Please see if this article helps at all.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03048333

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation