cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Problem with AMD Radeon Graphic Card

HP Recommended

I recently phurchased a HP Pavilion 15 series notebook which along with the intel HD Graphics 4000 has a AMD Radeon HD 8600s.

With all drivers updated, windows applications such as the device manager or dxdiag recognize the radeon hd. However, any game I launch uses the Intel HD graphics instead of the radeon hd. They don't even recognize it. The same goes for 3rd party applications such as CPU-Z or GPU-Z (only intel HD is recognized).

Ofcourse I've set all these applications to work with 'High Performance' in the AMD CCC. I've tried reinstalling the latest drivers for both Intel and AMD graphics from their respective websites, still doesn't work. I've tried reinstalling drivers from HP drivers site, same result. I've updated the BIOS, nothing. I've reset my laptop - still nothing.

HP has always been fine for me so far, but after this, I'll think twice before phurchasing any HP products again. Hopefully you can change my mind and provide some insight into this problem.

edit: Product number is E6Z27EA#AB7

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation