cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Khorshed
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problem with HP ProBook 4520s

i cant find way to boot using USB my cd is not working

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 17
Level 17
46,973 41,230 4,497 11,731
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Khorshed wrote:

i cant find way to boot using USB my cd is not working

Access the BIOS by pressing F10 immediately after powering on your notebook.

In Device Configurations set  Enable/disable USB legacy support to Enable.

That will allow Startup from bootable USB devices, including ahard drive, diskette drive, or optical driveconnected by a USB port to the computer

What is the installed operating system?

Best regards,

erico

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped by clicking on the
0 Kudos
Khorshed
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thx for ur answer and another thank for ur question i thought u will never ask lol

well there's another problem that my young brother missed with the pc it was working with operating system win 7 but he used the linux cd wich i got with the laptop when i bought it and now im working on linux and i dont have any knowledge about linux at all and now am trying to make the partitions NTFS or Fat32 but in fact i failed cuz my BOOT-CD refuse to enter to any partition manager program , it says (HBCD Folder not found Do you want to try again ?) and also the operating of booting using usb also failed i think there's some thing wrong with the usb device

and my request is there any way makes me be able to modify and edit my hard disk again ?? is there any suitable boot for my laptop wich i can use ?

thx for ur time

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Level 17
Level 17
46,973 41,230 4,497 11,731
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HBCD stands for Hiren's BootCD.
If your brother installed Linux then the partition system that the disk is now formatted will not be recognized by Windows.

Do you have the HP Recovery disc set with Windows 7?

Best regards,
erico

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped by clicking on the
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation