cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Problem with Hybernation - HP Pavillion

HP Pavilion 15-p247sa 15.6”
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am having problems with my HP Pavilion Laptop since updating to Windows 10 a few weeks ago. 

My laptop works fine until I either hit the power button or close the lid to hybernate the PC. When I try to wake the PC by reopening the lid or hitting the power button nothing happens, the LED light on the power button is still on yet the PC doesn't start up and the screen remains blank. I have to remove the battery and put it back in before hitting the power button to restart the computer, though it is not a critical error it is annoying and inconvienant to restart the PC in this way, as it is a total restart of the system. 

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Jamie

2 REPLIES 2
Level 4
128 128 8 37
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No worries the fix has been found many people were having this issue procede as follow.

HOW TO RESOLVE SLEEP/SHUTDOWN/hibernate ISSUES

1. Download version 9 or 10 of the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver.
  2. Download the Windows 10 "Show or Hide Updates" Troubleshooter Package (http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab).
  3. Change the Windows Update Services setting from Automatic (Delayed Start) to Manual.
    • In the Control Panel, select Administrative Tools and open Services.
    • Scroll down to Windows Update and double-click it to bring up its properties.
    • Click Stop to stop the service from running.
    • Change the Startup Type to Manual and click OK.
  4. Install version 9 or 10 of the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver.  If you receive a dialog warning about replacing a newer version of the software, accept it.
    • NOTE: You do NOT need to uninstall version 11 before installing version 9 or 10.  The presence of some version of the driver is required in order to "upgrade" (or in this case downgrade) it.
  5. Run the Windows 10 "Show or Hide Updates" Troubleshooter Package and hide updates to the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver.  (Doing so will block your system from automatically reinstalling or showing updates for version 11 of the driver.)
  6. Change the Windows Update Services setting from Manual back to Automatic (Delayed Start).
  7. Restart your computer.
  8. Rejoice!  You can finally sleep,shut down and hibernate again.  Smiley Happyhope this helps
Highlighted
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Sat3rn,

Just got a minute to follow te steps above and they seem to have fixed the problem. Thanks for your help!

Jamie
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation