08-24-2015 12:05 PM - edited 08-24-2015 12:06 PM
I am having problems with my HP Pavilion Laptop since updating to Windows 10 a few weeks ago.
My laptop works fine until I either hit the power button or close the lid to hybernate the PC. When I try to wake the PC by reopening the lid or hitting the power button nothing happens, the LED light on the power button is still on yet the PC doesn't start up and the screen remains blank. I have to remove the battery and put it back in before hitting the power button to restart the computer, though it is not a critical error it is annoying and inconvienant to restart the PC in this way, as it is a total restart of the system.
Can anyone help?
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-25-2015 02:15 PM
No worries the fix has been found many people were having this issue procede as follow.
HOW TO RESOLVE SLEEP/SHUTDOWN/hibernate ISSUES
- Download version 9 or 10 of the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver.
- Navigate HP's Software and Driver Downloads site (http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html) to find the latest approved driver for your model. Filter by version, selecting Microsoft Windows 8.1 on the dropdown menu. Look for the download in the "Driver-Chipset" category. If an MEI driver with a version number starting in 9 or 10 is listed, download it. [Version 22.214.171.1240 1.5M (http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66001-66500/sp66228.exe) will work for most models.]
- If an MEI driver with a version number starting in 9 or 10 is NOT listed, download the appropriate driver directly from Intel (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=intel+management+engine). [Version 126.96.36.1990 1.5M (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23091/Intel-ME-9-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Intel-NUC) will work for most models.]
- In the Control Panel, select Administrative Tools and open Services.
- Scroll down to Windows Update and double-click it to bring up its properties.
- Click Stop to stop the service from running.
- Change the Startup Type to Manual and click OK.
- NOTE: You do NOT need to uninstall version 11 before installing version 9 or 10. The presence of some version of the driver is required in order to "upgrade" (or in this case downgrade) it.