Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
xusl Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problems caused after I replaced my hard drive for laptop

HP Pavilion ab154ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi, so I am using 14 inch HP pavilion ab154ca.
Since last week, my hard drive started not working so I purchased a new hard drive(it was second handed) at just random electronic store.
I plugged this new hard drive to my laptop.
However, my laptop's manufacturer became Asus, maybe because its secondhanded.
Also, my laptop keeps saying No Wifi networks found..
I tried everything on device manager by updating driver, downloading HP wireless Lan software but there is no progress at all...
I even tried to format this laptop but there isnt even such thing as Restore to Factory setting.
I've picked erasing all option but still after format, the manufacturer keeps appearing as Asus..
Can please anyone help me with these issues?
Thank you..!
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
536 517 63 119
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi.

Welcome to the forum.

Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers

Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System

Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive

Press the icon""to say thanks, Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Apart from participating in the forum of Hp in English and Portuguese, I am one of the main authors of solutions in the forum in Spanish.

If you want to thank and if it has been useful press the "Like" icon, if the problem has been solved you can press "Accept as a solution", likewise someone else who has the same question or problem can use this solution .

Return to the forum if you have more questions or problems.
0 Kudos
xusl Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi so could you specifically tell me which software programs should I download?
As I said, I've already downloaded HP wireless lan program on this website.
Also, I want my laptop to be "HP factory setting".
But my laptop doesnt have that option on "restore setting". Maybe because manufacturer is Asus?
Please I need a help. Thank you.

*my laptop is HP ab154ca.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation