Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
14 9 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Problems with driver download pages

HP Recommended
dv7-1183CL
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello All,

Is there currently a problem with the drivers support download pages?

When I look up my computer on your site at the following address:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv7-1100-entertainment-notebook-pc-serie...

The site shows many available downloads that were released in August 2015 including a new bios which a few sites refer to be needed to upgrade to Windows 10.

When I expand the options the "download" button does not have text on it and does nothing when I click on it. So the site does not allow me to download any of the drivers at all. I have tried multiple browsers, computers, and even on my phone and I can not seem to download them on any system I have attempted on. Can someone please give me a link to download the bios for this computer as F.2D or correct the problem with the site and allow me to download the drivers from there? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Also on a side note, I do find it a bit frustrating that I am not able to contact support through chat to discuss this just because of the age of the computer. I am asking for support with the site that is failing and not something on the computer. But even if I needed help with the computer I would be allowed to contact support, even if that means they would need to charge me to be able to help. (Not that I would really need that as a MCP but should still be an option as there are many HP products that might be out there and can use it since they do seem to last very well.)

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
84,526 84,413 10,671 22,887
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Could be something to prevent popup on your computer. Please try this way:

(a) Click "Details",

(b) Copy the Filename link, paste to address bar (or any download manager) and download it.

For example:

dly.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
14 9 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunatly I can even seem to get that far either. All I see is like below

Driver download.jpg

I have disabled all popup and ad blocks and even tried IE where I don't have anything like that turned on and all comes up the same for me. The above is as far as I can go.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
14 9 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Any idea?
I have tried two other computers and one being a Mac and I still cannot access the download links on it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
84,526 84,413 10,671 22,887
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I can access on 6 different computers (both Firefox and IE) and today my work laptop (IE % Chrome):

bios.png         

I don't know why all you've got problem with few computers. 

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation