cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Comic_Sans_MS Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Probook 4310S Not Charging

Probook 4310S
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was recently given a Probook 4310S, it was working fine but it was running Windows XP.

So yesterday I installed windows 10.

During the Installation process the Laptop  was working fine, it was charging and the battery was holding charge.

After I finished installing drivers and everything, I plugged it in because it had low battery, 1 hour later I came back to the laptop and the computer hadn't charged and is saying "13%, Plugged in Not Charging".

I have tried other chargers and it is still not charging or charging above 13%.

When I plug it in, sometimes the charging LED will come on for a couple of minutes, then it will eventually turn off, another time when I unplugged it, it starts flashing. 

Now it thinks it is happy and is charging again, but it has also done this when i was trouble shooting, it will probably stop charging again at 13%

Does anyone have any ideas?

Edit. When the laptop is off with the power cable unplugged, the computer will not turn on, the charging light flashes 8 times.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Comic_Sans_MS Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Probook 4310S Not Charging

I have tested using the HP Support Assistant and it has passed, I have also tested using CPUz, it has stated that my wear level is "10 pc [0x5A]"

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation