Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Probook 450 G2
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I got a new probook 450 G2 laptop, and when touchpad driver is intalled the orange LED is always on and when I try to lock the touchpad it doesn't lock, when I uninstall the driver the LED turn off and also the lock doesn't work.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

the problem is solved. it was about the driver, when I installed driver on HP website there was a problem, I searched for drivers on internet and I insalled the one in this website http://free-lap-driver.blogspot.com/2014/09/hp-probook-450-g2-drivers-for-windows.html and the problem has solved and the touchpad worked well.

HP Recommended

Hi,

As far as my laptop goes, your issue is just the normal function as the LED is supposedly ON when the touchpad is disabled - informing the user that it is disabled (attention required), when enabled the light turns off...as no information or attention is required if the touchpad is enabled...

however i use an alternate mouse and that makes the above alternate logic.

if you feel that you need a solution, Try this:

Click the Start button in the lower left-hand corner of your display.

Click Control panel.

Click Icon View.

Click Mouse.

Click Touchpad Settings.

Click the option titled "Touchpad Enable."

OR find the drivers most suitable to your touchpad to resolve:

http://supportdrivers.info/hp-probook-450-g2-drivers-download/

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.