cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dr_Ma7moud
Level 1
8 7 0 2
Message 31 of 149
Flag Post
HP Recommended
dell has released an AMD driver for windows 8.1 ... i don`t know will it work with me or Not ?!!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Dunidar
Retired
Retired
5,889 6,248 451 1,229
Message 32 of 149
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dr_Ma7moud

I would not recommend you installing a driver from a different OEM on your HP computer. On-board devices are modified by the manufacturer (in this case AMD) for the OEM (in this case HP) to meet specific hardware and temperature requirements. By using a driver from a different OEM you risk causing damage to the hardware on your computer.

Please feel free to re-post if you have any further questions or concerns.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
SuzuKube
Level 2
21 18 0 2
Message 33 of 149
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, same problem here.

Really disappointed by HP 😕 The 13.10beta drivers from AMD works, however the computer reboots everytimes it going to sleep.....

Please, let us know if you found a solution... 7650m + HD4000 here.

Sorry for my english, i'm french 🙂

Dr_Ma7moud
Level 1
8 7 0 2
Message 34 of 149
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i wish that hp will release the driver as soon as possible :generic:

electro_orb
Level 2
30 30 1 1
Message 35 of 149
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem as SuzuKube. I went back to windows 8 and will only upgrade when the AMD driver is out for 8.1.

KlemenOslaj
Level 1
16 14 0 0
Message 36 of 149
Flag Post
HP Recommended

C'mon HP, your support is horrible. Seriusly...the worst one. You keep ignoring 98% of threads about Windows 8.1 and AMD driver. What is going on here? Horrible...this laptop was first and last HP product.

Zenderlost
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 37 of 149
Flag Post
HP Recommended

crap support indeed, why is there still no Windows 8.1 driver for AMD graphics? 

OrnahP
Retired
Retired
2,881 2,489 39 93
Message 38 of 149
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I'm sorry but this is a peer-to-peer community of HP customers, and not a venue to contact HP directly. Most of the users here are consumers like yourself who are offering solutions because they like to help others, and any HP employees you see are here on their own capacity and not representing the company.

If you have additional or direct feedback for HP about their products or services, or questions about repair, you can use the link below for contact information.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

If you have other questions and concerns about using the forum, please feel free to send me a private message.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrnahP
HP Support Forums Moderator

🙂 Clicking the "Kudos Star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
🙂 When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking "Accept as Solution" to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation

SpectreInMySoul
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 39 of 149
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just got a call to tech support (Kiev, Ukraine), they don't know anything (they look the presence of the drivers on their web site). Any solutions?

electro_orb
Level 2
30 30 1 1
Message 40 of 149
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

You may now find the latest AMD driver for your Probook 4540s here:http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome/?sp4ts.oid=5229459&spf_p...

Hope this solves all your issues!

View solution in original post

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation