Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
akluch Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Probook 6555b Webcam Issues continued

HP Probook 6555b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi guys,

I have the same issues described here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Probook-6455b-Webcam-Issues/td-... and yet no solution.

Let me summarize the issue I have with Webcam on my Probook 6555b (OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit)

1. The Webcam is present and the white light on the left from it turns on when I start any Webcam software

2. Tried both HP Webcam software and Skype. Here's the screen from HP Webcam software:

HP Webcam.jpg

Screen from Skype:

Skype.jpg

3. Here's driver information:

Device Driver 1.jpg

Device Driver 2.jpg

Device Driver 3.jpg

I tried to install the driver downloaded from HP (http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=4174259&swItemId=ob_82008_2&swEnvOid=4061), but got same error: " Setup has determined that your configuration does not support any of the included products". I looked into that driver package and indeed - they don't have the hardware ID of my Webcam there.

I may be wrong, but it seems as a driver issue to me. 

Would you be so kind to point me on correct driver for this Webcam? Any other advises how to make this Webcam working will be greatly appreciated too. 

One more thing: my machine has the latest available BIOS installed. OS was installed fresh and have the Webcam issue since then. I also tried to find drivers online by hardware ID. Found 2 or 3, tried - no luck.

Thank you very much in advance.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation