Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have HP Probook 6560b with i5 2520 (I downloaded last bios) but I can not enable VT-x in BIOS.

How can I enable it? Will this feature be unlocked in next bios release?

Thanks! 

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@bodzon wrote:

Hi,

I have HP Probook 6560b with i5 2520 (I downloaded last bios) but I can not enable VT-x in BIOS.

How can I enable it? Will this feature be unlocked in next bios release?

Thanks! 

Take a look in the BIOS under system configuration. The image was from a preproduction BIOS simulator. 

config2.JPG

config.JPG

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you for your interest.

Unfortunately I run different BIOS environment for the one you presented.

Also I do not have access to the security section - it looks like being disabled (not highlighted).

Any suggestions? 

Thanks 

HP Recommended
Can you post links to images of your BIOS?

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Here bellow are photos of my uefi. You can see that si i5 2520 and there is no possibility to turn on the vt-x. It is quite dissappointing.

P1010667.JPG

P1010668.JPG

P1010669.JPG

Thanks again, for interest.

Looking forward for some solution / fix. 

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I had the same issue, uninstalling the HP ProtectTools Security Manager fixed it.

Try uninstalling this tool and you should be able to enable VT.

HP Recommended

CharlesHP has suggested that you update the BIOS. Use version F.08.

Here is a link to the Business users portal for your notebook. Choose the appropriate OS, download and update your BIOS. Be certain that you do this with the power adapter connected and do not turn off  power to the notebook during the update.

The previous suggestion is definitely also worth a try. 

Best regards,

erico

HP Recommended

Thank you itmahesh, uninstalling Security Manager did the work, although I am not very happy that I need uninstall Security Manager every time I want to do some changes in BIOS, since I like fingerprint reader feature.

Enrico, on the screenshots I have pasted, it is showed that I use the lastes version of the BIOS F.08.

I look forward HP team to fix this bug. It looks like, even though I am logging as admin into BIOS, it sees me as guest.

HP Recommended

I also have the identical issue and just wondering will it be solved? Don't want to uninstall protect tools?! and notebook is just a few days old...

HP Recommended

I believe, that for now only solution is temporary unistallation of protect tools, changing the bios settings and once again installation of protect tools.

If you will reinstall Windows you may also have some issues with the QuickWeb - I found solution for my model 6560b which you can see at: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-systems-and/QuickWeb-after-clean-instllaton/m-p/9108... 

Best regards.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.