Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Folio 9470m
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I work in tech support for a company and one of our enterprise laptops mysteriously has lost its "tattooed" information.  The user who had this laptop left the company and when we went to wipe it we discovered this issue.  Upon starting the machine the HP splash screen has in red text on the top left of the screen "Manufactoring Program Mode set 1 of 10"

after the splash screen a "Product Information not Valid" screen appears.  It reads:

Product Information not valid

The following product information programmed into the system board is missing or invalid

SYSTEM BOARD (00A)

Product Name

Product Serial Number

Product SKU

Product Family

System Board CT Number

ENTER - Continue Startup

For more information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

I know that there is an HP utility tool to "tattoo" this information back onto the machine.  As an enterprise that uses 95% HP equipment (our monitors, mouse, keyboards are the only non-HP equipment) I think that the tech support deserves these types of tools to troubleshoot issues.  Sure the machine boots normally if you hit enter, but it's alarming/scandalous to be presented with that product information not valid screen when powering on a machine.  Bonus points to whoever can provide some reasoning as to how this occurred.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Please refer the following weblink that will guide you the next steps for this issue:

HP PCs - Product Information Not Valid Error Displays before the Computer Starts

A "Product Information not valid" error message occurs when the system board is replaced without including the correct serial number for the hardware.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Hello,

It looks like your systemboard is missing it's branding inforamtion.  It actually needs to be rebranded using a special HP tool that the technicians have.  What I would do is contact Elite Support and see if you are still under warranty so that we can best service you.  You can reach them at 866-625-1175, there shouldn't be any prompts, it goes right to a navigator agent that will get you to the right area.

Regards,

Joseph

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.