Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
bang & olufsen
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

Program-screens are very very small

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Dianarose

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 

I understand that the Bang and Olufsen program screen is very small. Not to worry, I'll do my best to assist you with this case. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• What is the exact computer model no? This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Did any software changes or updates take place on the computer after which the screen turned out to be small?
  • Are other programs in the computer showing up in their correct size?

While you respond to that, I feel that WinXP is an outdated operating system and installing the latest Bang and Olufsen software on WinXP might have issues. 

Feel free to keep me posted. I'll watch out for your reply. Cheers!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply

my laptop model no is 

IC:1000M-8265NG

model 15-bl012dx

All installed software behaves the same..like mendeley, repast, matlab, etc

HP Recommended

@Dianarose

Thank you so much for replying to my post. 🙂

You have an HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl012dx with Win10 operating system. I also understand that you're facing this issue with all other programs too.

During my research, I found that dots per inch (DPI) is the physical measurement of the number of individual dots that can be placed in a line within the span of 1 inch. DPI setting controls the size of the text, apps and icons.

A lower DPI setting will make them appear smaller and a higher setting will make them appear bigger. By default Windows has setting of 96 DPI.

• In the Windows search type "settings" and open it. The below window appears:

• Click on "System". The below window opens with the options. Slide the bar for "Change the size of text, apps and other items: 100! (Recommended)".

This should help in increasing the size of the programs that you have in your HP laptop. 

In case the issue persists then let us uninstall and reinstall the video graphics drivers:

• Open the device manager.
  • Expand "Display adapters". Right click on the drivers in there and select uninstall.
  • Close the device manager once the display drivers are uninstalled. 
  • You may download restart the laptop once. 
  • Once the laptop has restarted you may download and run the HP Support Assistant program. This tool will search and install the required drivers for your laptop. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks Mkazi,

I stared with option 1: no results turned out.

I went for option 2: Follow all the steps but end up with the same issue..

I do not know what next..unless we can use tema viewer for further help if possible.

thanks,

HP Recommended

@Dianarose

Glad to have you back.

I do not have an option to user Team Viewer to take remote access of your laptop. However, if you would like us to work remotely on the laptop then you may contact our HP phone support team and they should be able to assist you with this. 

Meanwhile, you may also uninstall and reinstall the video graphics drivers. The following steps will help:

• Open the device manager.
  • Expand "Display adapters". Right click on the display drivers in there and select uninstall.
  • Close the device manager after uninstalling the display drivers.
  • Restart the laptop.
  • Download and run the HP Support Assistant program. This tool will search and install the required drivers for your laptop. 

Hope this works out. Let me know how this pans out. Good luck! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.