cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Coolmeadow
Level 1
16 12 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Question on changing from Win 7 Pro 32 to 64

I have an HP 4530sXU016T#ABA and HP is graciously sending me the 64 bit recovery disc do I can go to 8 gig memory.  How much of the HP software is actually useful?  Will I need to back up from the laptop to my back up drive before I wipe the hard disc to start over or will that all be on the recovery disc?  I realize that I'll need to load drivers and have a link where to get them.  Anyone know of a tutorial on HP site on the best way to go about this?  So far, I really like this computer.  Thanks for any help you can offer!!  Jim.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Ptysiol
Level 4
124 124 4 21
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hello

wehen U getting HP recovery OS disc it contains operating system and drivers on separate discs. There should be all  U need to get system running.

Also on HP website are too all drivers U need.

soft U need badly is:

chipset, graphic, audio, storage, bios, quick launch, hot hey support, WLAN/LAN drivers, bluetooth if equipped or WWAN if U use HSPA network.

rest like hp protect tools or other drivers are variations depending of Ur needs:)

gl

_____________ _ _ _
click on Kudos if i helped U 😄
Coolmeadow
Level 1
16 12 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

GL, Thanks for the quicker than expected response!  Jim.

0 Kudos
Ptysiol
Level 4
124 124 4 21
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hehehe Your Welcome:)

_____________ _ _ _
0 Kudos
Coolmeadow
Level 1
16 12 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Gl, or anyone else.  I understand you can replace Win 7 Pro 32 with the 64 bit version using the 32's product code with a Retail disc, but can you do the same thing with a Win 7 Pro 64 OEM disc and the 32's code?  Just thought that this might be easier if it will work.  Thanks!  Jim.

0 Kudos
Ptysiol
Level 4
124 124 4 21
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Yep 63 bit key should fit to 32 bit and back.

It matters with all Windows 7 versions.

Regards.

_____________ _ _ _
Highlighted
Coolmeadow
Level 1
16 12 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

OK, got the discs from HP in (THANK YOU HP!!) and sanitized the HD overnight.  Loaded the 64 bit program this am, but it never asked for the 25 digit key.  Thought that was weird.  Just ran Product Key Finder program, and it's already in there!  Hmmm, did HP burn a copy with the info already in there from the SN?  Anyway, I'm on my way.  Jim. 

0 Kudos
Coolmeadow
Level 1
16 12 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

OK, up and running and most all of my programs and bookmarks in.  Now to get the 8 gig of memory. 
Works very well.  Win 7 Pro 64 very easy to install from the restore discs.  Like i said above, didn't even have to input the key.  Thanks for your help GL!  Jim.

edit:  yes, this is sent from the laptop! 

0 Kudos
Ptysiol
Level 4
124 124 4 21
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP opertaing system CD/DVD will never ask U for windows key to input cause its inprinted inside code of this OS. Still this CD will only works on model of HP notebook it was burned for.

regards:)

_____________ _ _ _
0 Kudos
Coolmeadow
Level 1
16 12 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Yes, it's just that I, not knowing, spent some time making sure I had an electronic copy of the code before I wiped the hard drive.  Jim.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation