Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Quentin026 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

QuickLook 3 - Error (No user information found)

Hi there!

When I'm trying to open QuickLook 3 on my notebook HP ProBook 4510s, I'm getting the following error:

Error: No user information found. Cannot continue.

Do you know why is that ?

Thx for your help

13 REPLIES
ClarkO Top Student
Top Student
2 1 1
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

It means you have not configured HP QuickLook and captured any user information.  However the program is installed and enabled.

Open MSOutlook.  You  should see two icons on the far right of your toolbar (to the right of "Privacy") for HP QuickLook.  They look like (i) with green arrows over them (the program name will pop-up when you roll your cursor over them).  I don't use Outlook Express or Vista Mail, but the icons should be there somewhere as well if you are using those programs for your email.

Click on the one called "HP QuickLook Preferences."

Select a setting on the "Capture" tab.  Then select the "Folders" tab and check off the information you want to capture.  And, set your security preferences on the last tab.

Apply the settings and click "OK".   A prompt will appear indicating the need to capture the information from the folders you selected.  Depending on how much information, emails etc. it may take a few minutes.

Once you've captured the information close Outlook and shut down your computer.  When you press the QuickLook button you should not encounter the error message -- because the program now has "found" the user information.

Good luck.

JValentineAPI Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

And what do you do if the icons for QuickLook are not showing up in MSOutlook?  Without those icons you can't do anything.  I have uninstalled QL3 and reinstalled.  Made sure the bios settings are turned on for QL.  I have even had HP involved and they have connected to my laptop and tried to fix it.  Still nothing....I have gone through a Repair of MS Office as well.  Nothing seems to want to give me those icons.

0 Kudos
JValentineAPI Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Ok, while waiting for HP to call back....I solved the issue.  Here's what happened:  the addin was apparently being auto disabled when installed.  So to fix it I went to the Tools pull down menu and went to Trust Center.  Then clicked on the Add-Ins and saw that the HP Instant PIM Addin was disabled.  So down at the bottom where it says Manage: and then has a drop down list I chose Disabled Items and then clicked Go.  Then I was able to select that item and click Enable.  Then after saving that presto I had the icons there so I could configure the settings and all works fine now.

In case anyone else is having this issue I hope this helps.

-JV

0 Kudos
neacailwong Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

are you using ms office 2007 or 2010?

i follow your step but still cant get it up..

0 Kudos
hamster0914 Tutor
Tutor
8 1 1
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Same here, the above fix doesn't work. Installing Quicklook 3.2.1.4 onto a 2740p with Office 2010 32-bit installed. Windows 7 64-bit.

It worked on an older version I downloaded, but on using the softpaq installer to install the recommended later version for this model, the icons no longer show in Outlook. Going back to the older version no longer works, now, unfortunately!

0 Kudos
fjavivega Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hello there.  I found a file named HPQL.txt in the Hewlett-Packard folder located in the HP_TOOLS drive.  The file is some sort of a logbook.  Once you read the log you'll notice that whenever you have tried to fix  the QuickLook there should be an error message.  My error message was:

[Aug 02 01:08:24.288]  MSG> Entering HP QuickLook Outlook Add-in
[Aug 02 01:08:24.304]  MSG> Outlook 2007 requires SP1 or higher
[Aug 02 01:13:36.138]  MSG> Leaving HP QuickLook Outlook Add-in
[Aug 02 01:13:43.298]  MSG> Entering HP QuickLook Outlook Add-in
[Aug 02 01:13:43.298]  MSG> Outlook 2007 requires SP1 or higher

So I downloaded Office 2007 SP2, installed it and it fixed the issue.  The QuickLook shortcuts appeared in Outlook toolbar and it is working fine right now.  You can use either the Windows Update utility within your OS or you can go to the Microsoft Downloads site to serach for it. Either way should work.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
jdelap Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I am having same problem -- Outlook 2010 / QuickLook -- with my new 2740p.  I am running the 64-bit Office, but otherwise same error.  Did you ever get a resolution from HP?  Thanks for your input.

0 Kudos
hamster0914 Tutor
Tutor
8 1 1
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The error message I am getting in the file referenced above is: Outlook version 14.0.0.4760 is not supported.

Good one HP, not supporting Office 2010 fully yet, it seems.

Are you getting the same message?

0 Kudos
hamster0914 Tutor
Tutor
8 1 1
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

It seems the software name has changed from Quicklook to Fastlook, and that is advertising Outlook 2010 support. However, even though it is under the 2740p downloads page for 64-bit Win 7, when I try to install it, I get a message it isn't intended for my computer.

Maybe they'll release a fix for it at some stage.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation