cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tmodork
Level 2
14 10 1 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

QuickWeb 3.1.1.10197 ... where is the SoftPaq?

HP Recommended

Looking for the SoftPaq (SPxxxxx.EXE) for QuickWeb 3.1.1.10197 that came with my laptop (dv7-6c95dx).  The QuickWeb software is not listed as one of the available downloads from the HP website.  Where do I find this version of QuickWeb?   Thanks! 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
31,155 30,855 2,828 10,336
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi TM,

You may be able to get your QuickWeb IOS from your Recovery Manager:

Reinstall missing IOS or QuickWeb

If the IOS was previously configured and QuickWeb worked properly but has now stopped working, the program can be reinstalled using the HP Recovery Manager. Reinstall the program using the Recovery Manager, by completing the following steps.
  1. Click Start , All Programs , Recovery Manager , Recovery Manager .
  2. Select Software Program Reinstallation , and then select Next .
Select HP IOS, and then select Next.
The HP IOS program is now restored on the notebook.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
tmodork
Author
Level 2
14 10 1 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I guess I should point out that I can see the QuickWeb installation under Drive Partition E:\Hewlett-Packard\QuickWeb and re-install QuickWeb using the HP recover manager. HP recovery manager says the installation is complete and I have a new QuickWeb directory and all of the files with new installationd dates under the "E" partition.

Unfortunately, I still get the "QuickWeb could not start because a file is missing or corrupted" error when pressing the QuickWeb button next to the power button. Does anyone know what file could be missing?

0 Kudos
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
31,155 30,855 2,828 10,336
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Rats...

What happens when you remove the software and THEN use the Recovery Manager to reinstall it?

OR, is that what you did and it is still stubborn?

If the system can recover the missing file from the File System, this may do it:

Using System File Checker (SFC) to Restore System Files

SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

======================================================================================

I have a softpaq -- it may not be compatible with your computer.  As long as you have YOUR version on your Recovery Manager, you could try this one.  I suspect it will not even load if it is not for your system.  One the other hand, it may work and it may have the "mystery" missing file you need.

sp55746 QuickWeb V3.1.2.10259

Remember the warning in the Help Guide about enabling QuickWeb.

NOTE: On systems with QuickWeb Version 3.0.1.9220 or greater, you will not be able to enable and disable the QuickWeb in the BIOS or in the Windows Environment. The only way to access QuickWeb is by pressing f5 (QuickWeb key) when the computer is off or in Hibernation.

I apologise for the ambiguity about sp55746 - I do not have QuickWeb on my Systems and I admit that I am guessing.  Smiley Frustrated

Dragon-Fur

tmodork
Author
Level 2
14 10 1 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply DF!  Yes,  I had already uninstalled QuickWeb, then deleted any remaining files and directories before using recovery manager - which report back a successful installation each time.  

I will try this SoftPaq when I get a chance and report back.  Thanks again!

0 Kudos
padmidala
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

======================================================================================

I have a softpaq -- it may not be compatible with your computer.  As long as you have YOUR version on your Recovery Manager, you could try this one.  I suspect it will not even load if it is not for your system.  One the other hand, it may work and it may have the "mystery" missing file you need.

sp55746 QuickWeb V3.1.2.10259

This  725Mb softpaq  works  also well with a pavillon g6 1307 ez's although it is different from the Quickweb version that came with the laptop and needs more (i.e.3GB) harddrive space.

Unfortunately these things don't appear @http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-g6-1300-Notebook-PC-series...

i admit it is too old and  no updates available.

many thx @ dragon-fur for publishing the link

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation