Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HARRENT Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

RE-condition battery?

I have a DV-6000 series with the original, factory extended battery. Needless to say it has always been left in the machine even when plugged into AC for years now and now it only charges to about 59%. Years ago when using a Compaq the tech people sent me to download some software that reconditioned that old battery. Is there something we can do about this one??
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES
Regents Professor Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4526 383 1601
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

RE-condition battery?

@HARRENT wrote:
I have a DV-6000 series with the original, factory extended battery. Needless to say it has always been left in the machine even when plugged into AC for years now and now it only charges to about 59%. Years ago when using a Compaq the tech people sent me to download some software that reconditioned that old battery. Is there something we can do about this one??

The only thing you can do is re-calibrate the battery...or buy a new one.  Smiley Happy

Instructions for calibrating the battery

0 Kudos
HARRENT Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

RE-condition battery?

when clicking on "recalibrate battery" it clearly says the instructions are for Vista machines and mine is XP. Does it matter??? Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
Regents Professor
4526 383 1601
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

RE-condition battery?

@HARRENT wrote:
when clicking on "recalibrate battery" it clearly says the instructions are for Vista machines and mine is XP. Does it matter??? Thanks for the help.

Follow the instructions under 'Calibrate the battery while PC is not in use"
0 Kudos
HARRENT Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

RE-condition battery?

does recalibrate merely mean having the guage in the Systray read 100% when the battery won't take anymore (but is still at about 59% of original capacity)? OR are we reconditioning the battery at all? Will draining it 3 times and charging it 3x help at all?
0 Kudos
Regents Professor
4526 383 1601
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

RE-condition battery?

@HARRENT wrote:
does recalibrate merely mean having the guage in the Systray read 100% when the battery won't take anymore (but is still at about 59% of original capacity)? OR are we reconditioning the battery at all? Will draining it 3 times and charging it 3x help at all?

You can't really re-condition the battery...calibration is the only thing that can be done.
Provost
Provost
10924 773 4436
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

RE-condition battery?

"Calibration" often minimize even Your current battery life.
** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation