Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g4 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just updated to Windows 10, from Windows 7, through Free Upgrade Program Prompt.

HP Pavilion g4-2191se Notebook PC

[personal information removed]

Product Number: B6X40EA#ABV

Windows 10 Home 64-bit 

All hardware drivers work fine.

Regretfully, the Ralink Bluetooth does not work.

Searched the forums, here, Mediatec Ralink website, and even used both HP Support Assistant, and HP identify my product online tool, 

No driver for Ralink Bluetooth that is compatible with Windows 10.

Tried downloading the driver for Windows 7, and run it in Compatibility Mode with Windows 7, no luck!

Tried all the tricks listed, here on the forum, also no luck.

Has anyone found a solution for this issue?

Please do not advise me to roll back to Windows 7, as I like Windows 10.

Thank you

Fullscreen capture 4162016 44503 AM.bmp.jpg

Fullscreen capture 4162016 44550 AM.bmp.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you try the W10 Ralink BT driver?

Version:11.0.761.0 Rev.A(18 Jun 2015)
Operating System(s):Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71572.exe

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi:

Did you try the W10 Ralink BT driver?

Version: 11.0.761.0 Rev.A(18 Jun 2015) Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)      

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71572.exe

Yes, tried it, and it comes to a phase where I have to choose whether to update or to remove,

I chose both the options, and nothing happens

I also ran it in Wnidows 7, Windows 8, and even Windows XP compatibility modes, and nothing happens, when I click "Update" or "Remove"

What shall I do?!

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, that I do not know.

Most likely the hardware revision of the Ralink bluetooth 4.0 chip on the Ralink wireless card is too old to work with W10.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.