Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Where can I get a working Windows 8.1 64 bit device driver for
Ralink Bluetooth PCIe Adapter?

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3298&SUBSYS_18EC103C&REV_00

HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j003sg Notebook PC
Product Number: D9V73EA

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4158&lc=en&cc=de&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5389... has no entry for "Ralink Bluetooth PCIe Adapter"

sp64156 from Windows 8.0 is not installable on Windows 8.1
Ralink Bluetooth Software Driver
Released: 2013-11-01
VERSION: 1.00 Rev. C
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64156.exe

It gives the error message:
Error 1309.Error reading from file: C:\SWSetup\sp64156\Win7\AMD64\program files\Ralink Corporation\Ralink Bluetooth Stack\driver\m76usb\devcon64.exe.
System error 3. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

Earlier versions of this driver e.g. from C:\SWSetup\Drivers\RaBtooth crash the system with
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The Drivers page for HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j003sg (Product number D9V73EA#ABD) on Windows 8.1 64-bit now lists Mediatek Bluetooth Software Driver 2013-12-21, Version 11.0.748.2 which points to sp64949.exe for download.

I also found sp64949.html and this shows a list of other models / languages which this SoftPaq supports.

I'm happy to report that the installation went smoothly and I am now up and running with this version.  The installation required a restart and I also had to re-pair my Bluetooth mouse after the installation. So now everything is fine and I'm running the version which is officially released for my laptop model and Windows 8.1.

Mike

View solution in original post

68 REPLIES 68
HP Recommended

Hello Mike-MmC

As I understand it you want your Windows 8.1 Ralink Bluetooth driver for your HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j003sg Notebook PC? You should be using the sp63302.exe drivers on this machine running Windows 8.1. The driver is from a company called Mediatek who owns Ralink.

I hope this helps resolve your Bluetooth issue. Thank you for posting your issue on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Hi Dunidar,

Thank you for your suggestion to install the Mediatek 802.11 Wireless LAN Adapter Driver from sp63302.  In fact I had already installed this driver update and it does not include any Bluetooth component for
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3298. It does address devices from PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_nnnn however these are all WLAN  and not the bluetooth device 3298.

I guess I will have to wait for an update to be published.

Thanks,

Mike

HP Recommended

Hello again Mike-MmC

If you could give sp64209.exe a try and see if it helps. This driver is for a lot of the TouchSmart family and should provide you with your Windows 8.1 Bluetooth Driver.

Thank you again for your posting on the HP Forums.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Hi Dunidar

I tried sp64209.exe as you suggested and the driver did not complete the installation. During the installation the system crashed with the error SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I was able to log on again after the system crashed and rebooted.

After logging in again, Windows Action Center came up with the following recommendation:

Download and install the driver for your Bluetooth adapter
Your Bluetooth adapter is missing a driver.

The model name of your Bluetooth adapter is Ralink Bluetooth PCIe Adapter / Ralink Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter.

Tap or click to download the new driver from the Hewlett-Packard  Company website Tap or click to download the new driver from the Hewlett-Packard Company website

Additional info

Ralink Bluetooth PCIe Adapter / Ralink Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter is created by Ralink Technology Corp. and distributed by Hewlett-Packard Company

Following the link above led me to http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&softwareitem=cp-114431-1 which linked to http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp60001-60500/sp60497.exe Released:
2013-01-15

Attempting to install sp60497 resulted again in a system crash with error SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, however this time the system crashed three times automatically and then went into restore mode, which thankfully did return the system back to a useable state again.

I have seen multiple posts regarding Ralink Bluetooth causing SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED crashes, so it seems to be a general driver issue and nothing which is specific to my personal laptop.

I'd be grateful to hear when a newer driver is released which resolves this issue.

Thanks,

Mike

HP Recommended

It's same with my computer HP Pavilion 14-e016tx  Windows 8.1 64bit, Ralink Bluetooth adapter can't work in my computer! After instalation, restart PC, and from Windows Action Center download must be download

Ralink Bluetooth PCIe Adapter / Ralink Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter.

sp60497.exe

I've done it over and over again, I was tired! :Crying: Please can help about it, Thanks Before

Best Regards,

HP Recommended

Hi Ransca,

Thanks for letting us know that you have the same issue with crashing Bluetooth driver on a different HP laptop model with Windows 8.1.

The same issue is also described in http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home-Networking/System-Crash-When-i-install-bluetooth... without any solution yet.

So now we wait for HP to publish a working WIndows 8.1 driver for this Bluetooth device.

Mike

HP Recommended

Hello ransca

I created a post  last week linked here that has Windows 8.1 Bluetooth drivers for the HP Pavilion 14 Notebook PC Series. According to my research you should be able to use the sp64041.exe driver. Please give it a try and if you get an error when you try to install it try the following steps:                

Step 1. Click Start, type "MSCONFIG" and Press "Enter"
Step 2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All"
Step 3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK"
Step 4. Restart the computer and retry the instructions I provided in my previous post.                 

I hope this resolves your Bluetooth issue. Thank you for bringing your issue to the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hello Dunidar,

I followed your instructions (from 12-26-2013 09:25 AM) and I got the same error - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

HP Recommended

Hello rex-us

You may not have the exact same setup as Mike-MmC so I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer. I am linking an HP Support document below that will show you how to find your product number. As well, if you could indicate which operating system you are using. And whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this and the product number we can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Which Windows operating system am I running?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02033168

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.