Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey William,

are you using windows 10?? Coz it seems mine will not work i actaully cant see my wifi adapter at all on my system after windows 10 update...

HP Recommended

Hi,

I can confirm I am a Windows 10 Home user - from settings om my PC.

When moving to 10 the drivers were there ... It was just the PC running very slowly / not connecting

Regards

HP Recommended

Have had the problem for over 3 months now. Unable to get support from HP. Tried all day again today. Upgraded and downgraded the wi-fi adapter driver multiple times. Sometimes it works for a while and I think the issue is solved and then it goes all bad from there. Very frustrated.

HP Recommended

I can only say that my PC "HP Pavilion 11_n083sa X360 PC (Celeron N2830)" with "Windows 10 Home" is "OK" now following the steps as noted above in my thank you note/post.

As far as I remember there are different versions in "installed programs" and "drivers." This might be why the solution works. Perhaps Phantom456 knows .. ????

Download the lastest driver

Uninstall the existing in drivers and programs as per Phantom456 steps.

Run the Install

Follow the remove / restart procedure when and where noted.

I don't know why it works (if not the differing version numbers) ... but it worked for me 🙂

Good luck

HP Recommended
Product Name: HP Pavilion 11-n032ew
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

PHANTOM456's solution finally solved my problems.
Thanks for sharing it with the rest of the world.

Regards
HP Recommended

Hi,

Glad to hear another satisfied customer. That makes at least three of us 🙂 :-).

Well done Phantom456

HP Recommended

I followed Phantom456 instructions.

but something is strange, when I perform step 5, uninstall the ralink from windows (control panel/programs/uninstall) actualy it REMOVES the new driver.

then I restart and see that after restart i have an old driver installed (5.0.48.0) while the downloaded driver was 5.0.57.0, so..it seems strange for me.

anyway - I dont know yet if it works or not.

I will follow to see what happens after sleep/hibernate where I had the original not connected problem.

if someone has more details I will be glad to hear!

Thanks

HP Recommended

I tried this fix and it hasn't worked.. I keep getting " there might be a problem with the driver for the WifFi Adapter"

I've downloaded the latest driver, when I check the version it  says I have the most up to date version available which is  Driver Version 5.0.48.0

No idea what I'm doing wrong, any clues? its an HP  HP650 Notebook PC 

HP Recommended

Hi, I am running Windows 10586.35 Ver 1511.   The Windows PC is HP Pavillion 11-n083sa  x360 PC (Celeron 2837)

As stated I followed phantom456's post with the exceptions noted before.

My RALINK 3290 driver is shown as 5.00.57.00. dated 18-05-2015 from Media Tek

I get downloadsppeds in excess of 100kbps on a regular basis. Ocassionaly I see over 500kbps.

For those having grief in Control Panel > Device Manager > Network Adapters  >RALINK3290

UNTICK Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power.

>

Control Panel > Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Generic USB Hub

UNTICK Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power.

I found this on another web site and now don't have the link to pass on the credit.

By the way RALINK 3290 and HP have been giving grief for most versions of Windows,  at least since 7 and onwards.

Do HP and RALINK talk to each other?

HP Recommended

I am running into the same problem, when I perform step 5, uninstall the ralink from windows (control panel/programs/uninstall) actualy it REMOVES the new driver. I can not seem to get. Phantom456 instructions to work. My problem I can see the wireless networks but I can not connect to them. I have resorted to a USB wifi adaptor for now. If anyone has a link to a new driver to try please let us know.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.