Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 11
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Unfortunately all your temp solutions do not work on my brand new Pavilion TPN-C115. Mediatek is not showing any solutions on their website, and are impossible to reach. HP when will you deliver your customers with a solid solution, meaning a new windows 10 driver for RT3290? My wifi and therefore laptop is useless without it. Otherwise, can I return my laptop to the store and can you reimburse me?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

What is the complete product number or name for your notebook?

What was the delivered operating system?

Help us to help you by posting the following information.

1.  The complete Model Name. or Product Number. of the notebook - see This HP web document if you don't how to locate the model number and\or product number.

Take a look at the following thread. There is a suggestion posted that appears to have been the solution for a few users.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home-Networking/Ralink-RT-3290-802-11-bgn-wi-fi-drive...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@Hopeless345 :

There is a W10 driver for that model card...

Version:5.0.57.0 Rev.A (18 Jun 2015)

Fixes
- Provides the WHQL driver initial release to support Windows 10.

DEVICES SUPPORTED:
802.11n Wireless PCI Express Card LAN Adapter
Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter
Ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Ralink RT3290 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter
Ralink RT3592 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71571.exe

There is also a W10 bluetooth driver...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71572.exe

HP Recommended
Can't download from that link. Update the link please
RaFi
HP Recommended

Nothing is wrong with either link.

They both work fine for me.

HP Recommended
Are there any higher version ?
This version don't work for my laptop
My laptop model : HP 1000
RaFi
HP Recommended

Those are the latest versions of the driver.  5.0.57.0

Most likely the older hardware version of the Ralink wlan card your notebook has is not compatible with W10.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.