cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ralink RT3090 Drivers

HP Probook 4520s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear all,

is there any recommendation from HP how to handle the WIFI / Bluetooth Combo of an Probook 4520s running w10 64bit ?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
46,995 41,252 4,502 11,753
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ralink RT3090 Drivers

Mediatek, which owns the RaLink products, is not suporting the RT3090 for Windows 10.  

You do have options.

You can replace the internal wifi adapter or use a usb wifi dongle. The second option is by far the simplest. 

An Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 (2x2) adapter would be the best option

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the
Highlighted
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ralink RT3090 Drivers

I know that this would be an solution. The WIFI works, its only the bluetooth which isnt working. As I use the Laptop on work I do need the 4 USB ports for printer, wireless mouse , and backup ssd, so I dont have a spare USB 😞  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ralink RT3090 Drivers

In that case I suggest using a wireless printer. You can purchase a bluetooth dongle to connect to a usb port.

It sounds as if you may have to make decisions in terms of your priorities.

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the
Highlighted
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ralink RT3090 Drivers

🙂 and as I live in the Philippines and work in right now Uganda those parts you cant buy here ...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ralink RT3090 Drivers

Ok thanks anyway, in other words you dont see a chance to get Bluetooth working under Windows 10 with this Laptop. Ok , I have to live with it 🙂

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ralink RT3090 Drivers

Probably not.

Your best bet would be just to use Windows Update and hope that a newer bluetooth stack for your adapter becomes available.  That may or may not happen.

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation