cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
stephbw2003 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Random black screen while laptop is in use (HP Pavilion dv7t-4100 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC)

I have a HP Pavilion dv7t-4100 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC running Windows 7.

My screen randomly goes black (still lit but black) when in use. The black screen does not occur until the computer is in use. The screen will go black for a few minutes and then come back on. Sometimes the screen will not come back on and the computer has to be forced to shut down.

There is no error message when this occurs. All of my drivers are up to date.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2,876 2,766 181 736
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Random black screen while laptop is in use (HP Pavilion dv7t-4100 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC)

Hello stephbw2003,

I understand the you display will go black at random times.

Have you tried to connect an external monitor to the laptop and see if you still have the problem?

Next time that it goes black, shine a light into the screen and see if you can see a faint image.

Let me know how everything goes.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation