cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Re: 130° C Overheating Pavilion g6

HP Recommended

My wife's laptop, a g6 with the A6 cpu is having the same issues. I've done everything I can think of, I just reassembled it booted it up and Speccy says it's running at 125 degrees.... Even with the wifi shut off and doing nothing and a cooling pad under it. I actually left parts and pieces off the case and removed the dvd rom to see if added airflow would help. Nope. anything else you can suggest? I'm allowed to take this thing apart because I bought her a new Acer yesterday -_-

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,910
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Tow_truck_guy,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂  Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More What specific model of Pavilion G6 notebook you have? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? What operating system are you running? 

I understand that your notebook is overheating. You have tried to increase the airflow but that did not  help. You are also using a cooling pad to no avail. Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal that should help.  If the issue remains, you could try replacing the thermal paste. Here is a video to guide you should you choose that option.  How To Apply Thermal Paste (from YouTube.com) Here is a link to the HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide that you may also find handy.  Please let me know the results.

Please click the Thumbs Up” below to thank me for my efforts! If one of my posts help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks for taking part in the HP Forums!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation