cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
6 3 0 10
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Re: Bang & Olufsen sound is very tiny and sound awlful...

HP Recommended

I have been an absolutely loyal HP customer for the last 6 years when it comes to laptops. This is my 3rd HP laptop and I bought HP laptops for my family members.

I have a 

HP ENVY m7-k001xx
Model # M1W07UA

with Bang & Olfusen speakers.

I also have an HP Envy dv7-7000 CTO Edition, from 2012, which I am trying to replace. Its Beats Audio speakers are *so* powerful that I almost never bring it past 3/4ths volume, because of noise complaints.

This new model, the sound sounds like CRAP and it is *so* quiet that I **struggle** to hear VLC movies with the volume maxed and VLC volume at 200%.

Imagine my surprise the other day when I realized that my Samsung Galaxy S5 CELL PHONE had a *substantially* louder speaker!

This is a disgrace! I've had the laptop for a month, and I just noticed that my right two USB ports don't work at ALL, no power, nothing. I've tried absolutely everything.

I am leaving the United States for South America again for another few months this weekend, and I am very sad I will be stuck with this horribly defective laptop I paid good money for 😞 I'll sell it to anyone for $750.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,250 7,081 142 476
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@HopeSeekr

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've got a similar problem on my HP Envy with B&O speakers recently purchased at CostCo.

The speaker volume is inadequate with sound set to max.  If this is not bad enough, after about 30 minutes of listening to audio, the speaker sound becomes "tiny" - barely audible.  When I plug an external speaker into the audio jack, I get NO sound at all.

I've attempted updated the drivers - no update is necessary.  The only thing that restores speakers and audio jack volumes to previous normal (though inadequate) levels is a hard restart.

I'm ready to return it to CostCo and try a different manufacturer.

Please help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I purchased the following laptop: HP ENVY - 15t Laptop Product number: M9U50AV  

I've had it for about 1 week.  Generally it seems to work fine.  However the onboard sound is virtually unusable.  The maximum volume is very low and the sound quality is horrible.  It sounds broken, the best way to describe it is a blown speaker.

As an engineer, it's hard for me to image the engineers who designed this listening to it and deciding it was acceptable.  I'm am NOT an audiophile.  We have at least five laptops, some are 6-7 years old and were very inexpensive and they all sound better and reach higher volumes.

If anyone is considering this model laptop for watching movies or listening to music I'd strongly advise you to look elsewhere or expect to buy an external speaker system.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I purchased ENvy 14 j106tx with B&O speakers, and like others have posted here, it has really terrible sound worse than mobile speakers.

Where do I contact to fix this? I'd like to replace the model if its faulty as it's been just a week since purchase.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you can return it and get your money back, I'd do it. Don't know if it's the laptop, interface or speakers, but I can't get this resolved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm replying here because the support option on the HP website only gives me the option of searching existing articles, and will not allow me to contact support for some stupid reason.

In any case, I agree with everyone else. I'm a software dev, and I've had a dozen or more laptops over the years. None have ever had audio remotely as terrible as the audio on this laptop (HP ENVY Notebook - m7-n109dx). Its quality is terrible and volume is barely audible at its maximum. I wouldn't know the difference between mediocre and excellent quality. I am not an audiophile. It's garbage. I had mobile phones a decade ago with better audio. What the hell, HP?

On an unrelated note, I've had to edit this comment twice to correct errors that only occur because the keyboard sucks. If it wouldn't cost me a day of dev time, I would be returning this in a heartbeat. What a piece of garbage.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation