cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Matty777 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: EliteBook 8440p Bios Issue

I downloaded a bios upgrade with the HPSoftpaq Program and then executed it. It ran properly as far as I could tell, no errors were shown, then when finished wanted a reboot. After the reboot, it will not come back on. When you switch it on the panel lights go on then about 5 seconds later there are two icons on the panel that look like this, one has a padlock with an A next to it and the other a padlock with a 1 next to it. Well after the 5-6 seconds, these two icons flash every second, while all the other panel lights are on. I am pretty sure the BIOS got corrupt when I was flashing it.  Can anyone help me restore it to its original state (BIOS) please.  It seems like my life has come to an end till I get it fixed. pretty sad hey? Also I didn't make a backup of the old bios before doing the upgrade. I KNOW, HOW DUMB OF ME!

THE COMPUTER IS AN HP ELITEBOOK 8440P i5 Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5850  @ 2.16GHz, 2167 MHz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

THANK YOU.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
bmxtest Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

if it's a bios you can get a floppy -> USB and on HP website is a solution to restore it via floppy.

0 Kudos
xamti Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

???Has anyone been successful resolving this issue ??
0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2,876 2,766 181 736
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello xamti,

You recently ran a BIOS update and know your computer will not boot.

You can hold a combination of keys that will uninstall the corrupt version of BIOS and reinstall the previous version.

Here is a link that will walk you through the steps to roll back your BIOS.

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

0 Kudos
SultonMRP Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the link bring to general support page, is there a direct link?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation