cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pc_master
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Re: Hp Envy Dv6 Cap lock Flashing

HP Recommended

I have the  envy dv67234nr got it from a friend a few weeks ago! it was his sons. Got home hooked up a laptop charger (right on) it turned on. well when it booted it had his sons name and required a password so I completely shut it down removed the cmos battery about 5 minutes later reinstalled the battery turn it on now all I get is power turns on cpas lock flashed continuously and the wifi is on solid orange! I've tried a lot of things including what was posted here nothing! can someone help?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,342
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @pc_master,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the caps lock is blinking during startup,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you looked for a solution on related HP Forum posts?

If you haven't, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the...

If the issue persists, here's what you need to know:

A LED or beep code usually means a basic function is unable to start. A basic function might include reading memory, displaying video, or being able to send information to a hard drive. The most common problems that cause LED and beep codes are a memory and heat-related failures caused by a build-up of dust in critical cooling areas.

Step 1: Performing a hard reset or forced reset on a notebook computer

Step 2: Removing dust from the cooling areas in a notebook

Over time, dust can collect in the cooling vents of your computer. Too much dust can block airflow, causing sensitive components to overheat and fail. Before troubleshooting startup codes, it is important to remove any dust that might have accumulated.

While wearing eye protection, use canned air to blow out vents, preferably outdoors. It is not necessary to open the notebook to clean out the dust with the canned, compressed air.

Step 3: Writing the LED or beep code

Use the following steps to write down the LED blink or beep patterns.

Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as Solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation