Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ismaelntale Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: NMI: Parity Check/Memory Parity Error The system has halted

i have hp compaq 2 Ram 1G and 256MB i have changed the windows xp wth windows 7 32bit , afther 1 day the compioter geev mi a blou screen with thes messege *** Hardware MalfunctionCall your hardware vendor for support  parity chek memory parity error *** system has halted 

can any one help me pleas ? 

thanks hp

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1898
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: NMI: Parity Check/Memory Parity Error The system has halted

Hi @ismaelntale,

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with  the community, get assistance and find tips. For you to have a rewarding experience, I would like to include the following link for your perusal and reference. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

When posting please remember to include your precise model of notebook,  HP made may Compaqs. What is your exact model? 

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I understand that after upgrading your HP Compaq notebook to Windows 7 from Windows XP, a couple of days later you got a blue screen with the error"Hardware Malfunction Call your hardware vendor for support parity check memory parity error *** system has halted".

This error is referring to a hardware issue. Please review this post by @Huffer.  Re: NMI: Parity Check/Memory Parity Error The system has halted.

I suggest you test for hardware failures to help determine the issue.

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 7, Vista)

Please let me know the results.

To express appreciation for my post please click the Thumbs Up Icon.  If my post resolves the issue you are experiencing, please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find what worked for you! 

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation