cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
t1328
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Re: Noise from touchpad? (HP Spectre x360 Kaby Lake version)

HP Recommended

I just got the $1500 one of these with the Kaby Lake Core i7, 16GB RAM, and 512GB SSD today. From the first minute of usage, I've had this trackpad issue. It is extremely annoying. It feels like a cheap, rickety trackpad. I will try to replace it for something else. Ironically, I previously had a Surface Book, and it had software issues, and after it was replaced with a refurbished unit, I didn't try it again - I just sold it. This unit has gotten rave review on YouTube. Very disappointing HP.

2 REPLIES 2
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 29,011 2,620 4,016
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@t1328

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums, 

I understand your concern and to help you out, I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
t1328
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I took the laptop back to Best Buy. Their team also immediately saw the loose trackpad, and took it back. I didn't take a risk of getting a replacement X360 because from what I've read on this forum, and a similar one for an earlier version of the X360, this loose trackpad issue is very common with one person having had to replace his laptop 5 times before he got one that didn't have this.

I hope that folks at HP are listening. What is otherwise a very nice device has this flaw that makes it feel very cheaply built, and not worthy of $600, let alone $1500. There are even YouTube videos out there on how to open the machine up and stick double sided tape under the trackpad at a certain place to diminish this issue.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation