cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mickietee
Level 2
13 10 0 4
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: What does this mean? Harddisk error. Hard disk1 3F1?

The error for (3F1) does not always refer to the harddrive on your laptop. It appears that it can also refer to the optical drive. I just finished troubleshooting the same error message on a dv6-6000 series - it works fine without the optical drive, but will not boot with the Optical drive in place. I have tried a couple replacement optical drives, all with the same error message. It appears that the motherboard has the issue, not the drive. ANY COMMENTS?

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
7,336 6,290 359 763
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: What does this mean? Harddisk error. Hard disk1 3F1?

Hello mickietee,

I understand that your notebook is displaying an error message (3F1), and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

The first step I recommend is to follow this document on Using Windows 7, how do I run CHKDSK?or How to Scan & Fix Hard Drives with CHKDSK in Windows 8. This should help to check for hard drive errors, and repair them for Windows 7 or 8. Once updated, please use the HP Support Assistant (for Windows 7 or Windows 8) to ensure that all of your system's drivers are up to date.

If the issue persists, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps!

Regards :smileyhappy:

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation