cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
davep321 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re-install windows 7 with no recovery options

HP Mini 210-1160sa
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi, my HP Mini notebook is in a bit of a mess and I need to re-install Windows 7 Starter.

I put it to a shop but they deleted the recovery partition and it is still in a mess. F11 at startup does not work and I have no recovery disk or drive. I tried to download from Microsoft but they say to contact the manufacturer. The only options on the HP website is guidance on using the recovery options O don't have. I think I need somewhere to download Windows 7.

I am really stuck, hope someone can help. Thanks very much in advance.

Cheers,

Dave

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 714 1,904
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re-install windows 7 with no recovery options

Hi @davep321,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂  Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that when you had your notebook at the repair shop they deleted your recovery partition and you did not create recovery media. Your notebook is  still not working correctly and you would like to do a recovery back to the factory settings. You contacted Microsoft to get Windows 7, but they referred you to the manufacturer. Please contact HP Support to obtain a recovery kit.  Contact HP Support  Fill out the online form and follow the prompts. 

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for. Also, clicking the Thumbs Up” below is a great way to say thanks! :generic:

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation