Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It's like the same problem I'm having as well, right after 2 weeks, the left hinge starts to give slightly and is now uneven, the screen is now slightly uneven when closed, the screen is still fine but I'm bit worried that it might break.

should I send it to repair or just leave it for now?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@GLKY127

Hello Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message. Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

I learnt a lot about this laptop  looking inside a friend's Spectre x360 2015 (out of warranty).
I had some years of experience as IT technician so I'm pretty confident with some laptop mechanics.

Actually the hinges accessible screws are underneath the bottom panel of the laptop.
They are made of stainless stell and fixed with two screws.
Actualy they can get loose with time and the bottom part can disalign with the screen lid.
My friend send his pc to repair during warranty period to HP (Flextronics in EU) and they get it back to him with disaligned (!) display, after 1 month of wait.
He would had to send it again, but the fix is pretty simple, if you have enough confidence with hardware.
You need to align manually the screen and the bottom part untightening these two screws, depends on the side of the hinge.
For the left one to be accessible you needs to remove the CPU/GPU heatsink, which is very simple to do, unscrewing 4 screws.
And you finally get to hinges. But you need very quality screwdriver or you will end stripping the screw.
And I was pretty surprised when I saw one semi-stripped screw after he sent its PC to HP. The Flextronics technician was very rough with tightening the screw, and he did a bad job generally speaking, as the bottom cover was also unproperly seated.

WP_20170128_00_13_02_Raw.jpg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.