cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
wvoornev Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 not working in W10

HP Pavilion notebook - 15-p142
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Initially my Realtek RTL8723BE wireless card worked fine in W10, but like in W8.1 it now stopped working completely. I used all the proposed fixing schemas but nothing worked. The driver is the one dated 28-3-2016 and seems windows certified. When I run the HP provided network check it finds that  a protocol is missing. (Windows socks) but the error cannot be fixed.

Completely removing the driver and re-installing did not fix it either.

Anybody any ideas ?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3404 3342 161 503
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @wvoornev:

Welcome, to Forum !.

Try, from ... https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

You're Welcome !.
Best wishes and regards.
@Maké (Voluntary and "ad honorem").
Click the White thumb to say thanks.
Please, mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.
PD : The experience is like a comb. It will not do you any good, if you are bald and for the suitcase, the passenger is known.
0 Kudos
wvoornev Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks (for preventing updates temporarely etc)

Unfortunately this does not help me since both the former as well as the current driver do not work. The Wireless card seem to work fine but no real internet connection can be made due to the missing protocol.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3404 3342 161 503
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @wvoornev:

Try, with the previous version, from ... http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_151589_1

You're Welcome !.
Best wishes and regards.
PD : The experience is like a comb. It will not do you any good, if you are bald and for the suitcase, the passenger is known.
0 Kudos
wvoornev Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Make for your efforts;

This driver dates from June, 10 2015  but also fails to create a connection. On the surface the Wifi card seems to connect with the router perfectly but no real traffic gets through. I tested my laptop on the router of my neighbours but results were similar.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3404 3342 161 503
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI!, @wvoornev:

I apologize, by, your problem.

Try, with ... http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_web/windows-socket-registry-e...

Winsock or Windows Sockets is a technical specification that defines how Windows network software should access network services.

What is the build version of Windows 10 on your computer?

•  

Follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1 : Run Windows update troubleshooter. It makes sure that your computer is connected to the Internet, and checks to see whether your network adapter and Windows Update services are running correctly.

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262

Method 2: Reset Winsock.

1. Press Windows key on the keyboard, On the search field type Command prompt. Right click on Command prompt and click on run as an administrator.

2. Click yes on User Account Control prompt.                                                                   .

3. Type netsh Winsock reset in the prompt and press enter.

This command will reset the Winsock, if you get any error message while resetting provide us the details.

Method 3: Reset TCP/IP

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility
    https://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357?wa=wsignin1.0

Note: This link also applies to Windows 10 Technical Preview.

Resetting TCP/IP will reset the IP configuration settings and fix internet connection issues.

You're Welcome !.
Best wishes and regards.
0 Kudos
wvoornev Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A quick note re: version and build: W10 version 1511 build: 10586.218

The laptop in question is based on the AMD A10-5745 APU and runs with 12 GB RAM.

I will do the others tests in the coming hour. Thanks so far,

Willem

0 Kudos
wvoornev Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The reset Winsock and TCP/IP procedures seem to have completed succefully, but had no impact on the connection of the wireless card to the router. However the update troubleshooter found a problem that it could not fix.

Error message:

windows service.PNG

0 Kudos
wvoornev Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Still no solution to the problem of WiFi not working. I applied all the solutions listed in this thread and also did the full reset and flush commands as suggested in other posts.

In the meantime I discovered that the problem is not limited to the Realtek hardware and driver. Any WiFI-USB device that I try gives the same errors. It looks as if the WiFi hardware connects to a router but no internet connection holds. The diagnose tool keeps complaining about the Windows Sockets. The wired connection works fine.

A laptop without WiFI is like a car without wheels.   

As others have reported the problem arose after simultaneous updates from Windows update and HP Update.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation