Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi!

Two weeks ago I had bought ProBook 470 G2. As I understand, there is Realtek RTL8723BE wi-fi chip. It does not find my 5Ghz wireless network, only 2,4Ghz. Is it possible to force my laptop to work with 5Ghz network?

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

No, it will be very happy to connect using 2.4Ghz from a dual band router.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I use Zyxel Keenetic Extra as wi-fi router. So it works in 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz modes.

Old ProBook 8710p find 5Ghz network and the new ProBook 470 does not.

Is it possible to change wi-fi adapter in my laptop to the one, that works in 5Ghz mode?

HP Recommended

Hi,

My old Elitebook HP (nearly 5 years old) can use 5GHz but my 8 months old loan Envy 15 Leap Motion and my wife's 6 months old Envy 15 with Touchscreen know nothing about 5GHz. This is due to the wireless cards. I believe the 5GHz one cost %40-$50 more.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I truly wished I would have known before purchase of this laptop that Realtek was not dual mode.  Further, not being able to fix is frustrating.

HP Recommended

@RVN11 wrote:

I truly wished I would have known before purchase of this laptop that Realtek was not dual mode.  Further, not being able to fix is frustrating.

Did you contact HP Sales to see if you can get it upgrade to 5ghz wifi? Some system allows you to change that without voiding the warranty.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
HP Recommended

I'm using a dual band router. I can get both 5g and 2.4g on my pads and phone but not on my laptop which use the RTL8723BE. Is there a solution to this?

HP Recommended

> Is there a solution to this?

Yes.  See the previous posts on this thread.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.