cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
neopolis Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Realtek rtl8723be 802.11 b/g/n Wi-fi Adapter

HP 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi there,

Lately I've been having problems with my HP 15 Notebook PC, to be more precise, with my Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-fi Adapter. The issue is that sometimes the adapter simply dissapears from Device Manager and there is nothing i can do to bring it back. I have tried multiple solutions, like attempting to reinstall the driver itself but it simply does not appear back. I've even tried to restore the laptop to factory settings, hoping that it might resolve the issue. However, that did not happen. What i've discovered recently is that if i turn on the laptop with it's battery attached but not on charging, the wi-fi adapter returns and works just as fine, but if i detach it and plug the laptop to a power source, the adapter dissapears from Device Manager.

Product name:HP 15 Notebook PC
Product number:L6A14EA#ABD
Serial (removed content) 
BIOS:F.32-10/28/2014
Keyboard revision:05.20
Total memory:8.00 GB
Processor name:Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Tutor Juan_2LS Tutor
Tutor
16 16 1 3
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Realtek rtl8723be 802.11 b/g/n Wi-fi Adapter

Hello

If the driver dissapears from Device Manager could indicate already a Hardware issue, however there could be still some diagnostics and things to do.

Check for BIOS update.

Check Manufacter Website for latest driver.

Run UEFI diagnostics to detemine part functionality.

Replace the card.

Good Luck!

Regards;
Smiley
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your issue.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation