cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nicoseco
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reboot Loop (No BIOS screen shown)

Hello, 

I have a HP Pavillion 6921LA and after reflashing with the new BIOS version available, when I hit the start button, it doesn't show the HP logo screen, and I can't get into the options for the BIOS pressing the corresponding keys, in other words there's no BIOS. Adittionally, it starts in a Reboot Loop, after I hit the power button it starts, LEDs start, but after 3 seconds it reboots and it keeps doing that until I poweroff again the Laptop. 

Hope you can help me with this issue, since the laptop is out of the warranty period. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Level 13
10,921 10,842 773 4,452
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

For sure it will be good to test RAM and HDD first.

In below guide you will find all informations how you may do this:

How to test RAM and HDD (Hard Drive).

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
tdbaker021
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ok if u cant see the bios screen then how can u run the mem and hard drive test?!!!!!!!

Has anyone had anyluck fixing this issue?

0 Kudos
Level 13
10,921 10,842 773 4,452
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@nicoseco

Hi,

I think then by mistake I replied here with solution for problem in other thread. Sorry.

Try to downgrade your Bios to previous version with recovery method from this topic.

I only tested solution which is posted by Mr0wyx.

How to find older Bios updates for specific model?

1. Click on Support & Drivers link. (Upper part of this page.)

2. In search box type your laptop product number (p/n).

Resource:

How to Locate the Notebook p/n

3. Choose ' Next '.

4. Click ' Software & Driver Downloads '.

5. Use the dropdown selector to select correct operation system and click ' Next '.

6. Click the Plus sign.PNG sign next to ' BIOS '.

7. In the same category click on ' (Previous versions available) ' link and you will find them.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
Level 13
10,921 10,842 773 4,452
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tdbaker021

Hi,

Please write your notebook product number (p/n). You'll find it at the bottom of the laptop on a sticker.

Resource:
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation