cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
NancyR1970
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recall

I purchased a replacement cord for one of my laptops already. I bought it from amazon. Do I get compensated? It was in the timeframe. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Level 16
25,081 24,632 3,554 7,936
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recall

Nancy.

Does your power cord have LS15 on it.

This recall is just for the cord not any AC adapter.

Look here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/HP-Laptop-Power-Cord-Safety-Recall-and-Replacement/td...

REO

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
0 Kudos
Level 15
9,487 9,432 1,670 4,693
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recall

This is NOT official HP Customer Support and I, as most other persons on this forum, do not work for HP. This is a peer-to-peer user supported forum for HP consumer class products. HP maintains no official presence on this forum and it is unlikely that HP will respond in an official capacity. Any reply from a HP employee represents their own opinion and not that of HP's.

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and product number (p/n) of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.

The above requested information can be found on the bottom of your computer, inside the battery compartment or on the startup BIOS screen. Please see How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? for more assistance locating this information. DO NOT include your serial number. Please enter the model/product information into HP's Online Consumer Support page and post it here for our review.

hp label.png

Some power cords for HP and Compaq and mini notebook computers sold from September 2010 through June 2012 may be part of voluntary recall and replacement program launched on August 26, 2014.

The impacted power cords have the potential to overheat, posing a fire, and burn hazard.

To see if your cord may be affected, look for a “LS-15” marking molded into the connector that plugs into the AC adapter.   

1 slide.JPG

If you see a LS-15 marking please go to http://www.hp.com/support/PowerCordReplacement

Please note that there are two parts needed to charge your laptop.

1)      The first part is the power cord that plugs into the wall.

Figure 1

photo 2.jpg

2)      The second part is the adapter.

Figure 2

photo 3.jpg

HP is ONLY recalling the power cord used with HP and Compaq notebooks and mini notebooks and accessories such as docking stations. (See Figure 1)

To qualify your power cord and request and replacement, go here.

Since power cords for laptops are compatible, you can use another power cord with your AC adapter until the replacement one arrives.

Please contact official HP Customer Support in your region / country, via the HP Worldwide Support Portal, for further assistance with your concern.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
0 Kudos
Highlighted
NancyR1970
3 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recall

I have 2 laptops. 1 is my husband's 1 is my daughter's. I put in the recall for my husband's computer. That went through. I found out about the recall because Amazon sent me an email. I had purchased a replacement cord for my daughter's laptop. Which was an LS15. I purchased the whole thing because I had no idea which part was the problem.

What is the procedure for reimbursement?

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
40,513 40,300 6,317 11,007
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recall

I am not going to speak for HP officially, but generally they are not going to give you money for warranty self-help, even if there is a recall. They only offer a replacement part. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation