cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
George_96
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Received wrong laptop charger/adpater

HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-x021na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there

I bought a HP Notebook - 17 - x021na back in September and loved it. I had no problems at all during the first 50 days and haven't had any up until a few weeks ago. I have found that the FPS of the laptop often significantly drops and stutters whenever the charger is plugged in but then returns to normal if running on battery power. I have spent the last few days looking for solutions and finally think I found what the problem is.

My laptop has an input of 19.5V and 3.33A however, the charger I received with the laptop in September only gives an amperage output of 2.31A (shown in the photo below). I did not check the small writing on the charger when I got it and assumed that it was the right one since it charged my laptop fine and I experienced no problems.

Is there any way that I can exchange this adapter for the correct one or have a suitable adapter sent to me?

Thanks a lot for the help.
1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
33,159 32,637 3,042 11,023
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@George_96

Our community forum cannot help with returns / exchanges or similar hardware issues.

You should contact HP Technical Support -- explain the problem and ask for options to resolve the issue.

Depending on your location the phone support number is listed (click the appropriate link below) OR you must first submit a case online to obtain contact options (including phone number for your region).

HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts 

For USA / Canada

1. Create case online: HP Customer Support - USA / Canada - Contact
  2. Receive Case Number and Contact Information (after the completed form is submitted)

For UK

1. For faster support, create case online HP Customer Support - UK - Contact
  2. Contact Phone: 0207 660 0596

OR

HP Tech support/ Customer Service – Some English-Speaking Countries

OR “everywhere else”

HP World-Wide Support

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Help to find Product Number:

Warranty Check

Scams and Unscrupulous Contacts

HP Limited Warranty Statement (General Information)

Optional Coverage Plans:

Enter your product number in the form to view available Warranty plans

CarePack Definitions:

Service Centers

Care Pack and Services

HP Collection of “how-to” videos

• HP Video Gallery
  • Use Categories and the search window to narrow the search
  • For example, search for “Scan”

Moving your printer to Another Country / Region? 

• Have your new region’s printer ink purchased and on hand, then contact HP Support

HP Printers - Finding Ink Cartridges after Moving to Another Country/Region

Sustainability

• HP collects used products for resale and recycling in 73 countries and territories worldwide

HP Product return & recycling

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation