Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 45 (49,582 Views)

Recovery Disc & new ProBook 4530s

How do I create a recovery disc for a new ProBook 4530s with Windows 7?  I can't find Recovery Manager software on the pc and the pc didn't ask me if I wanted to create a recovery disc.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 45 (49,541 Views)

Re: Recovery Disc & new ProBook 4530s

[ Edited ]

Hi:

I don't think you can create a recovery disk on a 4530s.

It should have a recovery partition which you can use to restore the PC by striking the F11 key at the splash screen and launching the recovery process.  Of course a recovery partition is useless if the hard drive dies, or you want to install a new HDD.

You can order a quick restore disk set, which I always do for all my HP business PC's and notebooks for $10, if you live in the USA or Canada. If you don't live in the USA or Canada, skip to the bottom of my post for instructions to order.

Here's how:

1. Write down the part number and serial # on the bottom of the computer on the white tag. The model # is an HP-Compaq 4530s, but the part number will be found on that white tag below the serial #.

2. Call HP at 1-800-952-7689, option 1 (ordering restore disks is part of the list in the option).

3. Provide the info asked by the rep that answers the phone. Some just ask for the serial #, some want both, or they will just want the serial number and type of computer (4530s).

4. Have a Master Card or Visa ready for purchasing. You will be charged $10.00.

You will receive the disks by First Class Mail or you can pay an additional $10.00 for FedEx shipping.

If you don't live in the USA or Canada, contact HP Support by telephone for the country you live in at the link below.  If they have a separate number for business PC's/notebooks, call that number. You will need to provide the customer services rep the same info as above (model and serial #).

Costs range from free to more than $10 depending on where you live.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/summary/ww-support.html

Paul

Top Student
Message 3 of 45 (49,466 Views)

I have the same issue with the ProBook 6550b.  I bought 10 of these laptops at roughly $900 each and can not find the hp Recovery Manager.  I find it insulting to have to buy the Recovery Disc even if it is just $10 each.  If hp and other manufacturers do not ship the recovery disc with the equipment, they should at least give you the option to create them (and create recovery discs that work).  I have done this with other makes and models of laptops.

I did create the Windows Recovery Disc and guess I will just go with that.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 45 (49,313 Views)

Hi Paul,

I also have probook 4530s, it has a partition named hp_recovery, but I didn't find hp recovery manager software, even no f11 option on boot time.

Could you tell me how to start recovery manager on this model.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Provost
Message 5 of 45 (49,299 Views)

Hi:

If pressing the F11 key doesn't work at the HP splash screen, then I don't know.

Perhaps you can find that info in one of the reference guides found on the 4520s support page.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&lang=en...

Paul

Honor Student
Message 6 of 45 (49,236 Views)

After contacting HP, I found out the Recovery Management software (that allows for a recovery disc to be made) that was advertised to be pre-installed on the machine was in fact NOT installed.  Because the machine was still under the 90-day warranty, HP mailed recovery discs to me free of charge.  The machine has a partitioned recovery system that is supposed to work by pressing F11 but I had seen comments from other customers to indicate that did not always work, thus my concern and desire for recovery discs.  My issue is resolved, however, I am concerned about software that was advertised as being pre-installed when that was not the case.  This is not the first time that has happened to my household when purchasing a HP computer. 

Honor Student
Message 7 of 45 (49,204 Views)

[ Edited ]

hi Starz214,

Could you please email me just hp recovery manager software for this porduct, or the link from I may download this.

{Personal Information Removed}

Do you find f11 option at boot time? if so, it was already enabled or you have done some configuation stuff to show it....

Thanks & Regards.

Student
Message 8 of 45 (49,146 Views)

F11 Key is not working and i want to recover my computer to its previous stage so plz give some instruction how i can recover my computer.......or give me recovery files...............

best regard

Kh. Rehman.

Honor Student
Message 9 of 45 (49,136 Views)

Dear Kh. Rehman,

Please also do inform me if you find any helpful information regarding this issue, I am also unable to use f11 option..

Best Regards

Azeem Shah

Student
Message 10 of 45 (47,712 Views)

hai

i have one hp proobokk 4530s laptop. ineed windows 7 recover cd.but   not getting recover manager option.how to make recover cd

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation