cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
KenneDragonX
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Recovery Manager Windows 10

HP Recommended
Pavilion g7-1338dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Having Upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Edition, I am also planning to upgrade my hardware (memory 4G>8G and an SSD).  The SSD being a bit smaller in capacity(240gigs) than my installed drive (441 C drive +19.69 D recovery partition or about 461 gigs), I am trying to eliminate anything unneeded on the drive.  I wanted to create a recovery disk &/or image on one of my NAS drives so that I can safely delete the D partition, but cannot find the HP Recovery Manager.  I have learned that many people are finding that the Recovery Manager is blocked in Windows 10 because of an expired security certificate, but I can't even find the Recovery Manager.  I'm probably going to stick with Windows 10, but I want to err on the side of caution and keep a way to recover my  system, just in case.  I could create an image of my whole system myself and save it to an .iso file on one of my 2T hard drives, but I'd like to be able to use the HP Recovery Manager if at all possible.  Is it?

Oh, I just found the Recovery Manager using the Search option when right clicking the Start Button.  Sure enough, it is blocked.  I cannot get a print screen of it, but it says that it was blocked by an administrator.  I did click "run as an administrator."  Apparently I'm not the administrator who blocked it even though I am the only administrator so far as I know.

--There is no "i" in "stupid"
3 REPLIES 3
Ronnie4
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem accessing the "hp recovery manager".  Has there been a fix for this problem?

0 Kudos
tryf
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Maybe "mark partition as active" (the recovery partition)

0 Kudos
X0V93EA
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

DVD ROM INSTALL PARAMAIT INPOSSIBLE PARTI

DELAUNAY
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation