cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
badcomputer123 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recovery Media USB not working to load on new hard drive

HP 15 F111dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have two HP 15 laptops for my kids. Purchased 2 1/2 years ago; hard drive went on one of them 4 months ago. I bought a new hard drive from HP and recovery media USB.  IT worked

The other harddrive just went so i bought another harddrive from crucial and loaded up the USB recovery media I received from HP 4 moths ago.  Its not working it states recovery failure.  

Does anyone know if I can use the USB recovery media two times or just once.  Any other thoughts are appreciate.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recovery Media USB not working to load on new hard drive

Hi @badcomputer123,

Thank you for your query.  I grasp that you purchased two, 15 -F111dx notebooks for your kids. The HDD failed on one of them about 4 months ago, so you purchased a new HDD and recovery media from HP. All went well on that one, but now the other notebook's HDD has failed. You purchased a new HDD from crucial, but when you tried to do the recovery using the media you got the message"recovery failure".  You should be able to use the recovery media more than once. As the notebook came with Windows 8 and you are doing the recovery from media, here is a link to HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 😎.  If you are still having an issue, as you were previously running Windows 10,you could do a clean install of Windows 10  as it should already be registered.  How to Clean Install Windows 10 (from tenforums.com). Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation