cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recovery kit order limit

Spectre x360 - 13-4003dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have purchased my laptop a year ago, less then a month after the warranty expired my device stopped charging, the only solution the lab could offer (official hp lab in Israel) was to replace the motherboard (it cost me about 170$... just a few weeks after warranty expired!!!). When I received my laptop from the lab it kept crushing (once a day) because of bed drivers installation- so I sent it back again. I was told that the only thing that can be done is to try to reinstall the OS from the recovery partition. Apparently, during the installation of the motherboard this partition had been corrupted. I later found out that there is a warning on the hp website that this could happen if one dosen't install the drivers from hp site but do it using the motherboard manufacturer's site. The technician told me I have to order a recovery kit because I bought the computer in the U.S so they don't keep a compatible os in the lab in Israel.

So, I tried to order a recovery kit to my address in the U.S, but I got the following notification:

"Sorry, we are unable to provide any additional physical media for the product with this serial number.

The limit of physical media that can be ordered has been reached for this serial number; please consider the downloadable options from the list of available software & drivers."

I have never ordered a recovery kit for this computer (or any other for that matter) so I don't understand what could be the problem, what can I do?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
10,015 6,596 119 422
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recovery kit order limit

@Itai 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recovery kit order limit

Thank you, looking forward to see if someone can help me.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation