Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pavlos123 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recovery manager does not exists

F4U14EA#AB7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

1. Tow years ago my laptop came with windows 8 and i made an upgrade to windows 10 afew months ago.

2.yesterday it didn't boot into windows .I did a CHKDSK/f using recovery manager and found 176 sectors destroyed.

3.I tried to recover and i was almost to finish, but in the midle of the prossess the power cut off and since then i cant find the recovery manager meaning there is no way to get into it.

The only thing i can do when i press the power button is F2 (harware diagnostics).

F11 doen't work.

Is there a way to download from another computer ,the recovery manager  tool and make it bootable to a USB stick

so i can fix the computer whith out loss of my data?

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY
Teacher
Teacher
67 4 7
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recovery manager does not exists

pavlos123 wrote:

Hello,

1. Tow years ago my laptop came with windows 8 and i made an upgrade to windows 10 afew months ago.

2.yesterday it didn't boot into windows .I did a CHKDSK/f using recovery manager and found 176 sectors destroyed.

3.I tried to recover and i was almost to finish, but in the midle of the prossess the power cut off and since then i cant find the recovery manager meaning there is no way to get into it.

The only thing i can do when i press the power button is F2 (harware diagnostics).

F11 doen't work.

Is there a way to download from another computer ,the recovery manager  tool and make it bootable to a USB stick

so i can fix the computer whith out loss of my data?

Thank you in advance.

No there is not much you can do there but backup your data if you can by going into safe mode F8 and copy much as you can off to a portable device. And then order the HP recovery disk from hp or computer surgeon to reset back to factory install to get it working. I don't recall Win8 machine came with a HP recovery partition but you had to order the disk from HP or 3rd party-I could be wrong but that how I remember it. You can't use another system recovery because it is tied to that system COA and doing so would invalidate their COA something they wouldn't be happy to find out. You must use and get the Recovery disk matching your Serial number to restore your system.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation