cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nufclad147 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recovery manager media creation usb drive option only

HP 250 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have owned from new my HP 250 G4  3 weeks now and rather happy with it however I enterd the Recovery Manager to make a set of recovery media  and when I go through the proceedure of calculating the disc space that wouldl be required it only gives me the option to insert a USB drive with a capacity of at least 16 GB then click the next button. Their is no option for DVD recovery dISC. The mannual I read says I can make 1 set of recovery media only and it can be either USB drive or DVD.

Could somene clearify if it should be possible to make a recovery DVD with  the 250 G4 model, also confirm if it should be possible to make 1 set  of recovery DVD and 1 USB drive  recovery, or only 1 choosing between USB or DVD .

Thank you for any help given

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
74915 74805 9141 19707
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recovery manager media creation usb drive option only

Hi,

You can only make one USB or DVD's set but not both. There are many laptops now do not have optical drive (CD/DVD drive), HP may drop this option. Sorry I can't aswer this but that would be the way to go.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation