cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Zekas
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recovery not completed

I messed up all partitions on my hp dv6!! I don't know what to do..I wanted a dual boot win 7 and ubuntu but I made a mistake by making c as swap!! And then after restarting I couldn't find the windows and I deleted all partitions by gparted and made just 1 primary ntfs!! And then I restarted with the cd recovery system!! After it finish and remove the cd to restart..it takes me to a page that says recovery not completed and gives me 3 options save log , details, retry!! And after pressing retry it says put cd 1 !! And then it doesn't load and eject the cd automatically and says again insert cd 1!!!
Please any help would be appreciated
I passed two days trying!! Reading all your suggestions I even recognized that the wi fi was off..but I tried more than 3 times with the wi fi on and it takes me to the same page!!
I'm sending from my iphone otherwise I could put a picture

Waiting your reply,
Kind regards
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
5,476 6,075 339 867
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recovery not completed

Hi Zekas,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I am sorry to hear about the issues with your recovery. There could be an issue with the CDs you created, check for scratches or dirt on the back on the CDs. Here is an HP document on Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems, the only section that would apply would be the CD/DVD section as formatting the hard drive eliminated the recovery partition.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Zekas
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recovery not completed

Model : dv6-2192el

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=4164067&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&task=

last thing i have tried is i installed ubuntu after erasing every thing i installed Gparted and deleted and remade partitiones i made a picture of it and i copied inside the recovery on sda4 ( NTFS) and HP_TOOLS on sda3 (FAT32)

i restarted with the recovery cd 1 and went on with the operation and after it asks me to restart and dont touch any thing etc.. it gives me this as shown in the other picture

photo 1.JPG

after restarting it load to complete installing the windows but it takes me here

photo 5.JPG

photo 3.JPG

When i insert Recovery cd 1 as requested it automatically eject the cd and appear the same window ( insert recovery cd 1 ) !!

Now i've seen alot of feedbacks on downloading win7 and using the product key on the backside..i actually dont know how to find the exact version for my laptob and i really want to get it back as it was!!! with the diveded working partitiones and the 4 cd's that i have!can i?

Hopefully you will find me a soultion

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5,476 6,075 339 867
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recovery not completed

Hi Zekas,

As far as I am aware you can't have another operating system on there when trying to use the recovery CDs. Not sure how Ubuntu would work with that. The recovery CDs to restore the PC to the way you had it when you first created them. I don't believe that partitioning the drive is going to help, it definitely won't bring by the HP Tools properly. If you try the recovery CDs on a freshly reformatted hard drive and it doesn't work then there is a problem with the CDs most likely. You can order more recovery CDs from HP but there would be charge. If you want to do the downloading Windows 7, I wouldn't be able to help you with that because technically it is illegal.

Thank you, 

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
Zekas
6 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recovery not completed

No sir im not talking about the illegal step.. im talking about using my product key on the backside of the laptob, i read it on two of the topics but i cant remember for who it was but i have the link of the win7 sp1 as iso file http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-from-digital-river/

There are no premium versions..and i dont know what version should i download!

About the recovery cd's you said if i can retry the recovery cd's with freshly formatted hard drive, can you tell me what i can do to do that step? do i use Gparted and create only one partition Ntfs?

I will buy now something to clean up the cd's from scratches or any thing..

Thank you

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
44,688 38,145 3,341 14,039
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recovery not completed

Scroll down on the page and get>> Bootable CD  and>> ImgBurn to burn the iso image to cd-a guide on using ImgBurn to write an ISO to a disc is> Here. Once created, boot from it. Delete all hdd partitions, create one and format. Next try booting from Recovery again.

----------------------------------------

If Recovery Discs still fail_this is the version you need>>

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1-U ISO

English x64: X17-58997.iso

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation